1980's Blaze King - Need Thermostat Part Identification.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike K

Dec 26, 2014
Michigan
I recently picked up a Blaze King wood stove that has absolutely no identification on it. Doing some research and going off of looks and measurements I've tracked it down to be a Blaze King (1980's) and the closest I can get is it might be a mod. KT203 ..not positive, but it sure looks like it and measures like it.
Anyway, on the back where the tstat/ intake air assembly is, I seem to be missing a part. Facing the back of the stove, to the right of the coil on the shaft, where that shaft goes into the square duct or channel, there's suppose to be something on that shaft ..my guess is some type of flap to trigger the damper, but that's all I know. Could someone who owns this model, put a picture off it up so I know what's missing and what's not missing, and give me a quick explanation on how that damper works?
Here's a photo of mine.
Tx in advance on any help or verification on this.

Attachments

• 20141226_215601.jpg
    20141226_215601.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 20141226_215630.jpg
    20141226_215630.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 207
KT302 not 203. The stove is in pretty rough shape. I'd look for any penetration from rust under bricks and baffles.

The thermostat blade seems to be missing as well as the lid to the top of the main air tube. What it appears is the blade may be down in the bottom of the main air tube.

Be careful. You may not be able regulate the peak burn rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.