1985 Sierra 4500t insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

syminsg

Jan 30, 2012
Southern MD
I am new to the wood burning world. I just moved into a house that has a Sierra 4500 T insert. Does anyone have an operators manual for this ? Also the fans at the bottom suck in and I was wondering if anyone knows if this is correct. I thought they were supposed to blow heat out, but you never know and I do not want to fire it up without understanding the stove. It may be wired backwards. Thank you for any info I can get.

The fans on the 4500 T pull the air in, circulate it around the hot firebox and then it comes out heated over the top and some around the sides. It is working right.

Thank You for the response. Is there any other important parts I need to check before firing it up. I know the chimmney has been cleaned not to long ago. I just do not want to burn my house down.

Just make sure that the built in damper is working. It is that rod on top. Pull it to open the damper before starting fires. Get a stove top thermometer and keep it back toward the center of the top of the firebox and burn the stove between five and six hundred degrees and if you have good dry wood you will get good heat and a clean burn. Wait until the stove temp has stabilized before turning on the blower.

Love that stove. One just like it heated this joint for 21 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.