• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.coolbreeze

Jan 31, 2009
Central Mass
Hello, I live in Uxbridge, Mass. This year I've bought 5 tons of pellets form PelletsDirect, and I've only had only good things to say about them.So far I've tried, Lignetics, my Enviro Empress loves them, Sure Blaze , awesome, Juanita, ok, Instant Heat, very clean, lower heat. Two bags of Phoenix Economy pellets, very hot, but, les than 3% ash...and Last night I tried there furnace grade pellets, which are new, too long to be a premium pellet, soild oak, not compressed too hard for my Accentra to take care of.The longest pellet was 2", but most were from 1/2", on up....very light ash, no clinkers, yes after 1 bag for almost 24hrs of run time....Had my Enviro since 2005, and my Harman since last year...I do not work for Pellets Direct, I do HVAC,and I am just trying to help out my peeps, heck, I'd put my wife in my stoves, if she had a high btu out-put, and not cause clinkers......Sale ends today, check Fuel Price Report.....Thanks......

dr.coolbreeze said:
Hello, I live in Uxbridge, Mass. This year I've bought 5 tons of pellets form PelletsDirect, and I've only had only good things to say about them.So far I've tried, Lignetics, my Enviro Empress loves them, Sure Blaze , awesome, Juanita, ok, Instant Heat, very clean, lower heat. Two bags of Phoenix Economy pellets, very hot, but, les than 3% ash...and Last night I tried there furnace grade pellets, which are new, too long to be a premium pellet, soild oak, not compressed too hard for my Accentra to take care of.The longest pellet was 2", but most were from 1/2", on up....very light ash, no clinkers, yes after 1 bag for almost 24hrs of run time....Had my Enviro since 2005, and my Harman since last year...I do not work for Pellets Direct, I do HVAC,and I am just trying to help out my peeps, heck, I'd put my wife in my stoves, if she had a high btu out-put, and not cause clinkers......Sale ends today, check Fuel Price Report.....Thanks......

wERE THEY THE CLEANFIRES YOU BOUGHT FROM pELLETS DIRECT OR ALL THE MENTIONED BRANDS?

Why would pellet length be indicative of non-premium pellets? To date, the best pellets I've burned, Forest's Pride, have also been the longest on average.

Pellet fuel Istitute's Ratings.Check Alternative Energy Retailer's web site, under editorial, look at Directory Archives , look for pellet manufacturer directory, the latest is 2007....I gives in detail what registered pellets are there, specs, and what other names the pellets are sold under. Forest Pride is awesome, and it is produced by Lignetics...Check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.