1991 astraflamm/rika integra uneven flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junkout

Oct 4, 2014
Texas
What would be causing the flame to wick to one side of my stove? I can't tell that it effected the performance of the stove. I have totally disassembled and cleaned the entire stove. I used the information gathered here for my cleaning and inspections.
I know of one problem. The back plate gasket has a small wear around the outlet of the auger but it is on the opposite side that the flame leans toward. I plan on changing it after this season. If anyone has a suggestion why the flame is leaning to the left side (facing the stove) please let me know. Thanks

Mine leans that way also, I think it has something to do with the design of the plenum under the firepot. Are you getting good heat?

Mine leans that way also, I think it has something to do with the design of the plenum under the firepot. Are you getting good heat?

Same here. The air feed under the firepot enters on the right side pushing the flame to the left.

I'm getting great heat. This is the first year I've used the stove so I don't have anything to relate to. I have a clean flame and the stove is heating way better than my wood burnig earth stove. Pellet usage seems to be OK. On low a full hopper will run for several days.

Status
Not open for further replies.