1991 lopi 400pi pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ogb1

Aug 9, 2009
Washington state
I just got a1991 lopi foxfire 400pi stove free in working condition. I have tried lopi online with no help need a owners manual also directions inside hopper lid are very hard to read is there any place online to cut paste and print out them. There is a rod dead center top that pulls in and out, I can't figure out what it does it line up with pellet feed

Yep, I saw that trouble shooting manual too, Dr Drum. I wasn't sure that's what he needed/wanted, so I didn't say anything, but seeing the lack of other info, I guess it's better for him than nothing.....

The Middle Rod should be your heat exchanger scraper.

I found the trouble shooting manual and a parts manual googleing online. Dumb question what does the heat exchanger scraper do (scrape the heat exchanger) how often do you you do it. I got my daughter to transcribe the directions inside the lid and put them on the computer. If any one wants them I can cut and paste and post them. I locked in 3 1/2 tons of Clean Burn (North West brand) for $207 a ton on sale today. I have been burning 3 1/2 cords a winter of fir/alder mix (my only heat source for 30 years) any feelings how that will equate to tons of pellets. I'm hoping 3 1/2 tons will do it.

ogb1 said:
..... what does the heat exchanger scraper do (scrape the heat exchanger) how often do you you do it

Yes, it scrapes the heat exchanger tubes, removing any built up ash, etc. It should be done once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.