1992 Austroflamm Integra shuts off after it heats up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlstech

Jan 16, 2015
OR
Hi everyone, I've been a lurker on this site forever and finally need some help. I'm going to buy a pellet stove that needs some work and I'm trying to see about how much it will cost me. The guy is selling it for 300 so I think it's worth tinkering with for that price.

I just went to look at it and noticeda few things:

1. Very lazy flame. The last one I looked at had an intense burn and pretty straight flames. This one is more of a lazy fireplace flame.

2. The two rods on top that scrub the heat exchanger I think are stuck. I cannot get them out.

3. Blew thick white exhaust the while time, didnt clear up. Also was only warm exhaust, I could keep my hand in front of it no problem.

4. Once it heated up, the fan started blowing like its supposed to. After a few minutes, when the air was starting to become hot, everything turned off. I mean everything, all fans and the auger. It filled with smoke and wouldnt start up again. I cycled the switch and it turned back on. Same thing happened again when it got up to temp. Only this time it didn't turn back on at all. The guy later said it turned on when I left.

Does it need a new control board? The whole thing shuts off and nothing works one it heats up.

For $300 you will have a great stove even if you put in a few hundred dollars into it.

This may be of help

(1&2)It sounds like it needs a good cleaning the fact that the rods won't move indicates that it suffers from non-use or neglect.

Circuit board is a probable cause as is low limit switch bad wiring air sensor etc.

For $300 I would be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.