1997 Country Flame Little Rascal with the knob controls - any info?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Have a friend with one and the room blower stopped working. It has 5 Snap Discs and when AES took over country flame this older stove was not supported so they could not tell me which Snap Disc was for the room blower! So I figured it out and replaced it and got the room blower working again.

The stove has a 3" to 4" pellet pipe adapter on the back which goes into 4" pellet pipe up about 5 feet and into a 25 foot high center block chimney in the basement with no OAK.

My question is:
The stove is wicked hard to start. The old square white ceramic ignitor get real hot after a very long time. Maybe 1/2 hour or more. Many of the pellets fall in the rectangular gap behind the burn pot. According to the support rep, the combustion blower starts on high and after only 60 Seconds drops down! I never heard it drop down. The door gasket looks ok but could be replaced.

Any know or have experience with making improvements to this stove? It works now but could work alot better!

Status
Not open for further replies.