1st Annual Hearth.com Wisconsin Get Together

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, so Illinois residents are "flatlanders", got it. Sorta beats being a "Granite Stater".

Well, it's mostly good natured! ;-) As with most stereotypes, they did get started somehow but certainly never apply to everyone (or even the majority) but I think the biggest beef is with those who think Wisconsin is their personal playground (very similar to the attitude perceived of Texans when I lived in Colorado in the 80's) and the people who live here are just someone they can go flying by on the Interstate as they head up north to their lake home.

As I said, this doesn't apply to everyone. I actually was able to pass someone from Illinois just last week. :lol:

wendell said:
Well, it's mostly good natured! ;-) As with most stereotypes, they did get started somehow but certainly never apply to everyone (or even the majority) but I think the biggest beef is with those who think Wisconsin is their personal playground (very similar to the attitude perceived of Texans when I lived in Colorado in the 80's) and the people who live here are just someone they can go flying by on the Interstate as they head up north to their lake home.

As I said, this doesn't apply to everyone. I actually was able to pass someone from Illinois just last week. :lol:

Geez! Wendell, you may want to quit this Illinois subject before the hole you are digging gets any deeper.
Jackpine

I thought I was just answering Delta-T's question about the animosity between SOME people in IL and WI. I certainly don't feel that way and if I offended anyone, I apologize. After all, I am a Bears fan!

Subject is hereby dropped.

BrotherBart said:
jackpine said:
Is BrotherBart going to build a campfire in Northwinds' woodlot so we can all sit around the fire and sing Kumbaya? Sorry, I am really not interested.

I was thinking of doing a firelight presentation on one of of these subjects:

"Pine, It's Not Just For Hillbillies Anymore"

"Possum, How To Prepare The Other White Meat On A Wood Stove"

"hearth.com, Facebook For The Wood Burner"

"Coming Out: How To Break The News To Your Family And Friends That You Own A Cat Stove"

"NFPA 211, Safety Or A Liberal Plot?"

"Smoke Hating Neighbors, Where To Hide The Bodies"

"Shopping For Firewood Furniture At The Salvation Army In Late March"

Now that was funny!!!!!

wendell said:
I thought I was just answering Delta-T's question about the animosity between SOME people in IL and WI. I certainly don't feel that way and if I offended anyone, I apologize. After all, I am a Bears fan!

No appology necessary, Wendell. I was just having fun with you, however I do not believe I can overlook the fact that you are a Bears fan... there I go again...just kidding.
Jackpine

jackpine said:
wendell said:

No appology necessary, Wendell. I was just having fun with you, however I do not believe I can overlook the fact that you are a Bears fan... there I go again...just kidding.
Jackpine

Oh great. Now we have to build a boxing ring at the woodlot. :mad:

the packers stink.... go bears

jtp10181 said:
the packers stink.... go bears

And in the blue trunks weighing in at ...

but, I also bleed Brewers blue and these days, I'm bleeding a lot!

BrotherBart said:
jackpine said:
wendell said:

Jackpine

Oh great. Now we have to build a boxing ring at the woodlot. :mad:

Rather than settle differences with fisticuffs, I would prefer to cross logging hand-pikes which is more germane to Hearth.com
Jackpine

Didn't happen to notice any critters from MN adding to the banter. Seems like WI from Eau Claire west is really part of MN anyway. Since the Gophers don't mind getting buried, and the Queens know how to put on a show without go, just maybe someone from the western neighbor may show up to enjoy a Roxbury brew. Great to see this get together.

You all would certainly be welcome. Maybe next year we will have to change it to the MIdwestern Get Get Together.

I dont think we have so many "rivals" here in NH. We borrow pro sports teams from other states, we do have UNH hockey. I may have to start some type of club, just so we can be rivals with......someone.....anyone really. Who wants to engage in some good old fashioned trash talking for no reason? Yeah! well, your mother chops wood! Damn, my mother chops wood......I'll think of something.

Delta-T said:
I dont think we have so many "rivals" here in NH. We borrow pro sports teams from other states, we do have UNH hockey. I may have to start some type of club, just so we can be rivals with......someone.....anyone really. Who wants to engage in some good old fashioned trash talking for no reason? Yeah! well, your mother chops wood! Damn, my mother chops wood......I'll think of something.

Maybe Vermont will rename its college team to "Electric Space Heaters."

You need to eat lunch, don't you? ;-)

It's tempting but as the guy who is always responsible - never for the successes and always for the failures, my feet don't leave the premises until all the testing is successfully completed and the users say "we are good to go..." Unfortunately, this will go all day and into Sunday. It's a great idea though. Oh, and Wendell, I may have a line on some free "silver maple" (owner's identification, not mine) for you as you may have the right tools for the job. This beast seemed to have a 30"+ diameter trunk and all the small stuff has been cherry-picked. What's left may be some large sections of trunk. They are of unknown size and quantity right now. I should be hearing back from him by the end of the day Friday if you are interested in some free wood. Let me know.
jebatty said:
Didn't happen to notice any critters from MN adding to the banter. Seems like WI from Eau Claire west is really part of MN anyway. Since the Gophers don't mind getting buried, and the Queens know how to put on a show without go, just maybe someone from the western neighbor may show up to enjoy a Roxbury brew. Great to see this get together.

Here's some banter for you Minnesota folks. So why are there more Packer fans at the Metro dome during the Packer Viking games? You know why all the trees in Wisconsin lean to the West? Because Minnesota sucks! :lol: Just kidding, nothing like a good rivalry.

I was hoping you'd see this and be able to make it. How was Cobb Corn Days?

Sorry guys! We have tickets for the Brewers game that weekend. Otherwise I would probably swing by.

But the games not until 6:05 and we are right on the way! ;-P

wendell said:
But the games not until 6:05 and we are right on the way! ;-P
We're getting in to Milwaukee on Friday night and I think we might do some golfing before the game. It's our annual father/son trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.