1st Annual Hearth.com Wisconsin Get Together

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wendell said:
....but I think the biggest beef is with those who think Wisconsin is their personal playground

Wisconsin - Illinois' largest park.

Go Bears!

Edit: I have no idea why I just stirred the pot. It must be the pictures of the cheese hats and green shirts going through my head.

Only 16 days to go. Man, am I getting excited!!

Shoot! Forgot to ask the old man what he has planned that weekend. I'll let you guys know in a few days.

Here is something Wendel can stare at to pass the time... :cheese:

Attachments

• !cid_AA2A5A3267114C3A8533AEC38DB14B2D@home.jpg
    [email protected]
    35.8 KB · Views: 521
This sounds like a great time...I'm in, provided I am not in MN on the 19th.
Roxbury is only four townships away for me...practically next door as far as hearth.com goes.

I had to drive up by the river just west of Lake Wisconsin today (Lodi technically). Took 188 from hwy 12 just south of sauk. Saw the Roxbury ---> this way sign and thought of this coming up. Also drove past my favorite OWB install so I decided to pull over and take a picture.

I bets its really convenient having it right next to the building like that :)

Attachments

• PICT0008f.jpg
    PICT0008f.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 486
jtp10181 said:
I had to drive up by the river just west of Lake Wisconsin today (Lodi technically).
Just like the CCR song, "Oh Lord, stuck in a Lodi again!" %-P

I am stuck in Lodi but not too sad about it.

Wendell and I had a preview at the Roxbury today. We had to make sure the
beer still tasted good and let them know that the wood burners are coming soon.

BrotherBart said:
jackpine said:
Is BrotherBart going to build a campfire in Northwinds' woodlot so we can all sit around the fire and sing Kumbaya? Sorry, I am really not interested.

I was thinking of doing a firelight presentation on one of of these subjects:

"Pine, It's Not Just For Hillbillies Anymore"

"Possum, How To Prepare The Other White Meat On A Wood Stove"

"hearth.com, Facebook For The Wood Burner"

"Coming Out: How To Break The News To Your Family And Friends That You Own A Cat Stove"

"NFPA 211, Safety Or A Liberal Plot?"

"Smoke Hating Neighbors, Where To Hide The Bodies"

"Shopping For Firewood Furniture At The Salvation Army In Late March"

The french onion soup, or the cream of mushroom soup method?

northwinds said:
I am stuck in Lodi but not too sad about it.

Wendell and I had a preview at the Roxbury today. We had to make sure the
beer still tasted good and let them know that the wood burners are coming soon.

"Wood burners" There went the element of surprise. The establishment is going to be watching us like a hawk. Under a microscope and drinking beer could give one indigestion.
jackpine

Only 1 week to go!!

Here's the info again.

As a celebration of all things wood related, we will be holding a get together for everyone who would like to enjoy some great company and cold beer at the Roxbury Tavern, just northeast of the greater Madison metroplex wink at noon on September 19th.

Make your plans now so you don’t miss this surely life changing event! (Jags, even you are welcome to come even though you live in Illinois!)

Map here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....247954,-89.679551&spn=0.010488,0.026093&z=16

See you in a week.

I was hoping there was a slim chance we would be on our way to Omaha and could stop in on our way out. Sad to say it is not going to work out, but we wish you all a good time. Have fun!

Talked to my pops tonight and he's got a tee time set up for us already on Saturday. Sorry guys. I was hoping it would work out, but doesn't look like this year for me.

northwinds said:
(Jags, even you are welcome to come even though you live in Illinois!)

Welp - thanks for the invite, but it looks like I will be headed west for that weekend. Darn it, I'm stuck having to go fishing and all that jazz all weekend. Bummer.

I really was looking forward to meeting up with you folks, but the other half insisted that I go fishing (so she could go to the cabin with me).

gonna have to give me a rain check on this one also.

da wife decided that I'm gonna be at a birthday party as noon on Saturday.

since it is for my 1 year old son I'm pretty sure that out ranks a gathering of Woodland folk.

should have another gathering in January or so. when there's less activites going on and people are looking for a reason to get out of the house.

Sublime out.

Have a Spotted Cow on me though.

Sorry to hear you guys won't be able to make it. I was looking forward to meeting you!

yea I was hoping to be able to attend but September is one busy month,
last of the summer like weekends and cookouts and party's and football games.
also finishing up all them spring/summer projects that I started and never got completed.

plus I try to get a jump on my woodcutting for the year. LOL

That's rather ironic because we picked this date specifically as we figured everyone would have their wood put up and wouldn't be burning yet so you'd all be sitting around with nothing to do! :lol:

Two more days. Who's planning on coming for sure?

I, of course, will be there!

Not sure if I can make it but it sounds like a good time , I have to see if I can sneak away after all its only 1 1/2 hours away
Have Fun

Hope you can make it!

Status
Not open for further replies.