1st Carb Rebuild

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HJsimpson

Burning Hunk
Apr 17, 2011
NE Indiana
Good morning everyone,

Finished my first Carb rebuild yesterday and it felt great. Well for about 15 minutes then saw died again. I checked the gas since i didnt put much in and when i took cap off there was a hiss which got me thinking about the vent. Put cap back on and it fired right back up :). Pulled vent hose and it was plugged up. I went and ordered new hose and asked them if they could check RPM after i rebuilt the carb and they adjusted it and check RPM for free!!
Now that is great service compared to what i was used to at old place. They just wanted to sell me a new saw. I normally would not have touched the carb but with all the great information on here i gave it a try. Besides if i ran into any trouble i had all of the experts on here to ask.
Thanks again everyone.

Attachments

• saw1.jpg
    saw1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 211
  • saw2.jpg
    saw2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.