1st Fire of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
Fired up the Kent Tile Fire this afternoon.
Over the summer I changed the knobs and put in new gaskets.

Attachments

• GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: sldl2004
Looks cozy.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
First fire here as well. Going to get down in the 30's tonight so I fired up the Huntsman in the basement to keep the chill out of the house.
65a4ab4372aebb80d9c767e3ac8732b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I am tempted to over here in Delaware. Might hold out till Monday as tomorrow night will be a warmer ~55. Plus, earlier I just finished splitting and stacking my two cords and I want to admire my work for a few more days before I go digging through it :)

Reactions: Wood Collector
Have the first fire going tonight. In the 30's between work and home. Exactly 40 at the house.
The wifey and kiddos were chilly and I came home to a nice coal bed, and kiddos asleep on the couch.
Put in some effing poplar & some maple in the Buck for relaxing a bit before bed, and the secondary burn has kicked in quite nicely...may be enough to get through until morning. Tucked the kiddos in and got a beverage to complete the relaxing part.
WP_20161023_00_38_52_Pro.jpg
Happy days are here again! ! !

Just fired up our Hearthstone Heritage this afternoon here in Northern NY. We had 3 inches of snow here overnight after 3 straight days of rain, and temps are going down to around 31 tonight. Calling for highs only around 40 all week. Love that first fire of the season...
stove.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just fired up our Hearthstone Heritage this afternoon here in Northern NY. We had 3 inches of snow here overnight after 3 straight days of rain, and temps are going down to around 31 tonight. Calling for highs only around 40 all week. Love that first fire of the season...
View attachment 186335
That's quite a drop from a week ago.

yeah had an inch of wet nasty stuff this morning along with a temp of 28F. got the stove going early and everyone was nice and warm when they got up

Yes. The abrupt change was like throwing a switch. We we're sleeping with the window open early part of last week until that front came through...then we had 3 straight days of heavy rain after which the bottom fell out of the temps. I think we've seen the last of the 60s and 70s until next spring to be honest.

yeah had an inch of wet nasty stuff this morning along with a temp of 28F. got the stove going early and everyone was nice and warm when they got up

Old Forge ended up getting several inches as well. Brantingham Lake got a few inches...we didn't where I am which is not far from Tug Hill. I think Osceola, West Leyden and those areas probably rec'd some as well....it was mainly higher elevations.

Yes. The abrupt change was like throwing a switch. We we're sleeping with the window open early part of last week until that front came through...then we had 3 straight days of heavy rain after which the bottom fell out of the temps. I think we've seen the last of the 60s and 70s until next spring to be honest.
Welcome to the forum. I like your avatar. The V65 is a classic!

Reactions: sldl2004
Status
Not open for further replies.