1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

1st fire of the season

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by johnsopi, Oct 4, 2010.

1. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    Back for another season of burning . Burning one of the thing I like about thing I like about winter. Like snow maybe now I have a Jeep.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Hang on Wood Fox. We are headed for a warm-up this week so you won't be burning a lot just yet. I figure about that last week of October the heating season will be happening in most areas except the south. We have had our stove going now for 2 or 3 days but will no doubt let it go out tomorrow. We don't have a big fire yet as none is needed but that little bit of heat feels nice. Also, when you wake up in the morning and see that white all over the grass, you'd best be ready for a fire.
  3. JoeyD

JoeyD Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Jersey
    I came home today and the house was a little damp and 64 °F. I lit my first fire so when the wife comes home she feels comfy. After tomorrow it looks like its going to warm up here also so my official start is still a week or two away.
  4. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    I have the house up to 78 and rising. Good thing for windows.
  5. Corey

Corey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Midwest
    Amen - winter can't be short enough for me. Had to light the first fire tonight, also. Just a 5 gallon bucket of bark and junk from around the splitter - but it took the chill off. A few cool days and nights plus being surrounded by trees which haven't lost the leaves yet means the house was a bit chilly. But sure didn't mind being in the shade when it was 105º outside.