1st fire of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
Back for another season of burning . Burning one of the thing I like about thing I like about winter. Like snow maybe now I have a Jeep.

Hang on Wood Fox. We are headed for a warm-up this week so you won't be burning a lot just yet. I figure about that last week of October the heating season will be happening in most areas except the south. We have had our stove going now for 2 or 3 days but will no doubt let it go out tomorrow. We don't have a big fire yet as none is needed but that little bit of heat feels nice. Also, when you wake up in the morning and see that white all over the grass, you'd best be ready for a fire.

I came home today and the house was a little damp and 64 °F. I lit my first fire so when the wife comes home she feels comfy. After tomorrow it looks like its going to warm up here also so my official start is still a week or two away.

I have the house up to 78 and rising. Good thing for windows.

Amen - winter can't be short enough for me. Had to light the first fire tonight, also. Just a 5 gallon bucket of bark and junk from around the splitter - but it took the chill off. A few cool days and nights plus being surrounded by trees which haven't lost the leaves yet means the house was a bit chilly. But sure didn't mind being in the shade when it was 105º outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.