1st week of 24,7 burning !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crackshot

Jan 15, 2011
Moosup ct
well its official the first week of 24-7 burning with my new englander is in the books!... this thing rocks! heat hasnt been on all week, its been 40-45 daytime temp and down in the low 20s in the evening.... Im still learning , but its been a great week, think i might have to put on one small section of pipe on the chimney to increase the draft a bit, but other than that, ive figured how the stove likes it and am getting (on a 5 medium split ) fire 7 -8 hr burn times, I know i can increase this in the winter by putting like 7 large splits in but its just not needed right now..... thank you all for all of your help!!!!!!

Good deal.
You got the learning curve under your belt.
Ready for next winter.

Ahh yes, waking up with the pool of sweat on my chest because the house was 93 not knowing the weather changed and thinking I had to get er crankin! I remember the begining well! Congrats!

Oh heck, burntime, I did that just this morning.
Still had enough coals in the stove to restart easily, and the house was about 66, so I put on about 5 splits, thinking that would take me through 'til things warmed up outside (it was 8 °F ). It warmed up outside quicker than expected (it's now almost 30), so the house is now almost 73. OOPS.
Shouldn't need another fire until later this afternoon.
crackshot, that's great news on the new 30! It'll be a whole 'nother ballgame when it's 0 °F (or colder) in Jan. or Feb., but you're well on your way.

What I hate is when a couple of times a season I look at the weather forecast around six in the evening and it is gonna be cold that night. Around nine I load the stove and get it rolling. Only to sit back down and look at the updated forecast and the wind has shifted and it is gonna be ten or twenty degrees warmer and I roast us out of the joint.

Just shed more clothing BB. Make believe it is a hot August night and your air conditioner has broken down. Maybe some cold beer in the refrigerator would help.

In our sixties shedding clothing around here is not a pretty sight. :ahhh:

BrotherBart said:
In our sixties shedding clothing around here is not a pretty sight. :ahhh:

Do you think that's why vision starts to go? Kind of a mercy killing?

Status
Not open for further replies.