2.5mo old catalyst and refractory...this is bad.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha,
I just walked past the stove and glanced at the back. Hmm...that's cast, not steel. Got back on here to correct myself, but you guys beat me to the punch. :)

Anyhow, I like the way the "Heat Exchanger" for the 2140 leads the gasses up and to the back of the refractory box before entering the catalyst. Seems like that design would prevent flame impingement better than the 2190 design where the catalyst is just inside the refractory, top of the catalyst level with the opening. Even with the cast iron cover in place, seems like the 2190's design is just too close to the flames.

-Phillip

...but, I'm mostly thinking out loud. This stove is our only source of heat. No time to take it apart and make modifications.

-Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.