$2.99 Coal Scoop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, looks like a good choice. Low cost/price too, I'll have to look for other goodies so the shipping cost doesn't double the cost of the Koal Keeper. I'll look for a "hoe" type tool there, for moving ash around the firebox, any recommendations n that tool?

Looks about right, couldn't get the picture to expand for better viewing...may be due to traffic. Looks like another good site for tools, but too bad one can't get both tools on the same site. Not trying to be too...cheap, but it bugs me to pay a 60%+ cost increase to handle shipping... it us usually much less per item when more than one item is ordered.

But, thanks you have provided access to affordable tools on my list of "nice to have".

Yes, I was disappointed I couldn't find both from same source. I ordered Koal Keeper and Ash Can/Shovel-shipping chgs $7.61 which wasn't too bad. I'm glad you found these sites helpful.

While we're on the topic of coal scoops and ash shovels, does anyone know of a source for a short-handled ash shovel? My Jotul 3 TD cannot keep a fire going through the night so I don't need to separate live coals from the ash. I remove only fine ash after a couple of days of burning. However, the long handles on the typical ash shovel are awkward to use with a small firebox. I suppose I could cut off a portion of the handle but that would expose some very sharp edges. Something like those old-fashioned small metal shovels used in children's sand boxes would be ideal.

ChipTam

Lowell said:
Gotta love how they mix descriptions. To me that's an ash hoe. A rake has teeth. One generally rakes the coals forward and leaves the ashes behind using a coal rake. An ash hoe is for cleaning out ashes.

I've been looking for a combination hoe and rake. Solid on one side and teeth on the other. Turn it which ever way suits the task at hand. They make such a thing for gardens. I think I will have to make my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.