2 days till Dec. 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How many if any have you burned

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I have yet to burn my first bag of pellets... Looks like this Thursday night might just be the first real fire of the season. What I wonder is, how many have you burned and is it weather or price keeping you from burning the number of bags you normally would...

I have used 33 bags as of today...started around October 15th.. but we've had lots of mild weather here.

28 for me. With 14 stove cleanings taboot!

Edit: Weather is holding me back some! But I'm ok with it, Anyway to save money these days.

started burning Oct 1st,stoves run non stop except to clean it, but turned down to about 10 O'clock position.36 bags so far,no elect heat on.$5.99/Bag Can, every harware store has them stock piled, lot diff then this time last year,new Pellet Plant opening 15 mins from home Tomorrow,have to give them a shot

Only on the 4th bag so far. Only been below 30 one night.

A bag is lasting about 32 hours right now.

20 bags as of today. Hasn't been too cold here yet, but my house is as drafty as a witches skirt.

Something around 27 bags so far. I keep the stove on t-stat 24/7 and it runs when it is called to. Reason, if Momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy. Momma is happy when the house is around 70 °F .

22 bags since Oct 5th dump pot and ash once a day, complete cleaning once a week. House is toasty.

30 bags so far here.

only 8 for me, and a little oil.... But they brought me 60 gal the other day still on automatic, can't wait until they come back and there is nothing to fill. that will make me smile!

will break the 100 bag mark tomorrow. 1 st year experiment is proving quite costly. Normally got thru the whole winter on 5 cords of wood. This looks like it's going to prove a bust..................................

Bought 5 different (20 bags) brands of pellets in late sept from BT in Bristol. Found Spruce pellets, Dry Creek, and Omalleys to burn quite well. In late Oct, I bought 8 bags of Lg Granules( very good pellets). Yesterday I bought 8 more bags of LG. This Friday, I'll be heading up to Moson Ma to get in on the 1.3 ton of Okangans?.... Keeping the house at 75 or so....

11 bags so far. We usually let the stove go out at night, then fire it up in the morning. That will change this week it seems.

Chandler

Including all the one's I've bought to do test burns, I think I've burned about 20 or 21 bags. Mainly just to keep the house at a nice 70 degrees and not have the oil monster start-up too often.

I'm kinda split on the pellets/HHO right now, as the cost per BTU for what I have of both is about the same. Been watching the cost of crude, and if it keeps going, I'll be burning oil soon.....save the pellets for "ambiance"....we'll see.

Only about 15 bags total so far this season. Been too warm here to run this beast.
Has to stay consistently cold out to run the stove otherwise I get cooked out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.