2 days till Dec. 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How many if any have you burned

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tally comes to 47 bags, I record how many went in the hopper each week when I fill 'er up for the week. been burning since the last week of sept. Of course I am also heating domestic hot water and space heating the bathroom as well as heating the whole house with my OPB.

We need a vote,space for one to 20. or maybe six is none .

BTU said:
THE ROOSTER said:
And I have yet to burn my first bag of pellets... Looks like this Thursday night might just be the first real fire of the season. What I wonder is, how many have you burned and is it weather or price keeping you from burning the number of bags you normally would...

Weather......and cost of HHO

Same here, weather and low HHO cost.
Maybe 4 or 5 bags for me just playin around.
Mike -

Dr_Drum said:
BTU said:
THE ROOSTER said:
And I have yet to burn my first bag of pellets... Looks like this Thursday night might just be the first real fire of the season. What I wonder is, how many have you burned and is it weather or price keeping you from burning the number of bags you normally would...

Mike -

Well that is what happens when you pay a premium for your pellets. HHO is a bit cheaper so you no get to burny pellets, solution buy cheaper pellets.

I really bought mine too early ( Aug.), after tax I paid $272.00/ton but you just never know so I don't spend time second guessing my decision... I also looked at the forecast for my area, and looks like Thursday night will be the first of four nights to burn!!! I'm sure in two or three months I'll be ready for the warm weather to return!!!

Hope to burnning soon, stove still out being repaired been down almost 2 months now. :-/

swalz said:
Hope to burnning soon, stove still out being repaired been down almost 2 months now. :-/

Swalz, was the repair something you mentioned on the forum? What happened? 2 months is a LONG time to get something repaired, IMO.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Dr_Drum said:
BTU said:
THE ROOSTER said:

Mike -

Well that is what happens when you pay a premium for your pellets. HHO is a bit cheaper so you no get to burny pellets, solution buy cheaper pellets.

No, that's not it. I only needed/bought 25 bags this year (at a good price), and was given 17 bags. I added that to my "HHO spike stash". For me, not only does the heat with pellets need to be cheaper or comparable to HHO, but I usually prefer the cost of burning with pellets to be beneficial enough to overcome the convenience of HHO and added labor of pellets. I will be "burny pellets" soon I'm sure. :lol:
Mike -

Dr_Drum said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Dr_Drum said:
BTU said:
THE ROOSTER said:

Mike -

No, that's not it. I only needed/bought 25 bags this year (at a good price), and was given 17 bags. I added that to my "HHO spike stash". For me, not only does the heat with pellets need to be cheaper or comparable to HHO, but I usually prefer the cost of burning with pellets to be beneficial enough to overcome the convenience of HHO and added labor of pellets. I will be "burny pellets" soon I'm sure. :lol:
Mike -

Yeah, yup, right ... are ye a Mainer or are ye from away. If ye be a Mainer you will just lug the pellets and thereby keep the brew belly in check.

The last purchase of home heating oil I made came out to be $20/ton more expensive than the pellets I bought. I don't expect HHO to get much if any cheaper. I also wonder what all of those fine places that have many many tons of pellets are going to do, they don't seem to be flying off the lots.

I'll likely go looking for an alternative means of heating water.

At least my little oil boiler sips oil.

Only gone thru about 20 bags so far this season.

Weather is still too mild so have been running the furnace most days as needed.
It is more cost effective for me to burn NG instead of pellets right now.

Been running the XXV for a few hours here and there, but the Advance has been sitting
idle since it was installed earlier this year.

macman said:
swalz said:

Swalz, was the repair something you mentioned on the forum? What happened? 2 months is a LONG time to get something repaired, IMO.

Been in shop for about 3 to 4 weeks, waiting on parts from Harman, needs the Feeder Weldment replaced and after tech started job found that I needed a burn pot also. Burn pot came in a week ago so I am hoping that it will be back soon. Most of the issue was fighting with Harman to cover more than $55, the place I bought it from no longer sells or will service Harman leaving me a stove needing a repair while I fought with Harman to cover more then the $55. They are covering $450 and I hope I am not charged more than that, there are no Harman dealers around me that have service techs and they use other service companies to do the work.

Over 700 people have looked at this post and only 68 votes .Whats up with that ? We get more participation in our municipal elections .

Excell said:
Over 700 people have looked at this post and only 68 votes .Whats up with that ? We get more participation in our municipal elections .

Get better answers here than municipal elections anyway.

hmmmm, we may need to stack the voting and allow multiple votes. Then again, we might have to check for hanging chads :)

swalz said:
Been in shop for about 3 to 4 weeks, waiting on parts from Harman, needs the Feeder Weldment replaced and after tech started job found that I needed a burn pot also. Burn pot came in a week ago so I am hoping that it will be back soon. Most of the issue was fighting with Harman to cover more than $55, the place I bought it from no longer sells or will service Harman leaving me a stove needing a repair while I fought with Harman to cover more then the $55. They are covering $450 and I hope I am not charged more than that, there are no Harman dealers around me that have service techs and they use other service companies to do the work.

Sorry to hear about all that....in plain English, that sucks! Hope you get it all done & back, and that Harman is a "stand-up" company.

All I hear is about is how Harman is the be all, end all of pellet stoves.....I'm interested in seeing how they handle your situation.

Keep us informed.

gbreda said:
......Then again, we might have to check for hanging chads :)

Geno, don't get me started on THAT! This thread will end-up in the ash can for sure....LOL

gbreda said:
Excell said:

Get better answers here than municipal elections anyway.

hmmmm, we may need to stack the voting and allow multiple votes. Then again, we might have to check for hanging chads :)

Voting on here probably does as much good ,or more .

Need more selections for the votes... I'm only on my 4th bag tonight. Didn't install until about a week and a half ago, then was gone for the holiday, so pellets are not going fast. It's gotten cold here the last couple of days, though, so it will start going faster.

macman said:
gbreda said:
......Then again, we might have to check for hanging chads :)

Geno, don't get me started on THAT! This thread will end-up in the ash can for sure....LOL

:lol:

Hey, great site here with good info. I've only burned about 5 bags of pellets so far. Was a very warm November for South Dakota. Temps set to plunge starting today, stove will be running for a while now.

mattson70 said:
Hey, great site here with good info. I've only burned about 5 bags of pellets so far. Was a very warm November for South Dakota. Temps set to plunge starting today, stove will be running for a while now.

Welcome to the forum mattson. This is a great site for info...and some laughs too. Great bunch here.

Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.