2 Englanders, LOVE EM!, question on settings with temp changes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cotton25

Dec 14, 2007
Iowa
Good Morning!

We have two Englander stoves and we absolutely love them.

The second stove sets in our unfinished basement, which is a 100-125 year two story farm house. The basement has a dirt floor and stone foundation. I have the most trouble with that stove. It either over feeds and throws out charred pellets or it over feeds and burns through the entire hopper within 12 hours on a #2 setting.

How do I identity these stoves by model or year or does it make a difference? I'd like to be able to get more than 8-12 hrs from a 40lb sack. The neighbors have an Englander also and "claim" they fill every other day -- I also know their house is very tight and very small compared to ours.

I saw a post with reference to Fred -- is that the Englander Fred who used to horse around in northern Missouri? If so, HI FRED from a team roping Iowa family! We miss you and the arena!

cotton25 said:
Good Morning!

We have two Englander stoves and we absolutely love them.

The second stove sets in our unfinished basement, which is a 100-125 year two story farm house. The basement has a dirt floor and stone foundation. I have the most trouble with that stove. It either over feeds and throws out charred pellets or it over feeds and burns through the entire hopper within 12 hours on a #2 setting.

How do I identity these stoves by model or year or does it make a difference? I'd like to be able to get more than 8-12 hrs from a 40lb sack. The neighbors have an Englander also and "claim" they fill every other day -- I also know their house is very tight and very small compared to ours.

I saw a post with reference to Fred -- is that the Englander Fred who used to horse around in northern Missouri? If so, HI FRED from a team roping Iowa family! We miss you and the arena!

hi cotton , which model is the one in the basement you are having trouble with , i can probably help you with it if i can get specifics. by the way , the fred refered to in that post is one of my techs, the fred you are referring to "fred ritz' has retired , and is still in missouri and is still quite a pistol. and a good friend.

The stove in the basement is 25PDV/55-SHP22 mnfg date 05/01.

Glad to here Ritz is doing good, calling him a pistol is a nice adjective!

Cotton

Status
Not open for further replies.