2" flexible aluminum pipe/hose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcar1012

Oct 14, 2014
Waukesha, WI
I know people have asked this question before but their answer seem out of date as many of the sites no longer exist.

My pellet stove air intake has a 2" connection on both ends. All four major home improvement stores I went to only carry at the smallest a 3" aluminum or steel flexible pipe. Some auto stores do carry but at a maximum of 18 inches long.. which is too short for my stove. I need at least 3 feet.

Does anyone have any suggestions whether online or a store I can find this hose at?

Thanks

I know some people go to an automotive store and get a 3 to 2 inch adapter made for auto exhaust systems and silicone it on to the intake with hi temp silicone. Might be something to check out.

Reactions: Owen1508
I asked this as well and got nothing. I couldn't find 2" to save my life, except in a kit which was too short, and unneeded since I already had a 'kit'. It was suggested I go to 3" anyway due to my length (over 6') so I just got the 3" stuff at lowes and fabricated my own adapter.

There are a few current threads at the moment, I ended up making my own, but the best I've seen mentioned so far is the Bend-and-Stay Metal Duct for Fumes at McMaster-Carr. Their website wont let me link to it directly so you will have to scroll down the page to look for it, 5th row down on the right. http://www.mcmaster.com/#flexible-duct-hose/=ukbwu0 Not exactly cheap, but better than buying a whole kit and in my opinion it is better suited to the task than the flexible car exhaust. However, some automotive stores will have longer lengths of flexible exhaust pipe in back or they can order it and have it in a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.