2 hangups & the winch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

711mhw

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2010
Western ME
I cut my firewood from thinning on my land. Snags or hangups just are a part of thinning in a too tight woods. The winch makes this easy. I cut 4 smaller, either no split or one split trees this afternoon, only one fell to the ground.
DSCN7633.JPG
DSCN7635.JPG

711 acres? Nice playground for sure. Jealous....

I think my wood lot is a ton of fun at 5 acres - 711 acres is 100 life time of good times!

Reactions: 711mhw
I would bolt a beer fridge on the Kubota and disappear for days....

Reactions: Nelson
Words no not describe the pleasure my land gives me, just as I am sure your's does you!
Plus it's one he!! of a reason for some good toy's;), although it can add a couple of dollars to "free heat" ;lol

a sweet playground for sure. i feel your pain with hang ups. i have been thinning out all my ash trees (EAB) lately and usually have 1 out of 10 get hung up. i need to invest in some sort of winch for these and quit doing it the dangerous way.

Reactions: Seanm
Status
Not open for further replies.