$2 Hearth Vacuum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarmGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 30, 2006
Far Northern Calif. Coast
I got this Oreck vacuum for $2 at a a garage sale, and just finished a bracket to keep it in place. I only use it for the hearth -- no hot ashes. It works very well, and the bag is fine enough that it doesn't exhaust any soot.

Attachments

• HearthVac 001.jpg
    HearthVac 001.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 387
Looks nice, but how badly do you really need it? I know that we don't have that enough 12 lb bowling balls on our hearth to need a special vacuum to pick them up... :lol: (Judging from their adds, that seems to be the only thing Orecks are good at picking up???)

Gooserider

WarmGuy said:
I got this Oreck vacuum for $2 at a a garage sale, and just finished a bracket to keep it in place. I only use it for the hearth -- no hot ashes. It works very well, and the bag is fine enough that it doesn't exhaust any soot.

I would have knocked em down to $1.00 but good idea for short money!!

Ray

2 bucks great deal on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.