2* here last night but slept great..............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodMann

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2008
New Mexico
Fortunately I had the day off yesterday so I could tend to the stove exclusively. I was burning so continuously that I had to empty the box once. I maintained 600* box temp and 600* flue temp for the most part but the final load to the gills I noted the box got to 700* and the flue was running a steady 800*. I was concerned so I kept an eye on it a bit longer then the flue temp retreated to 700* as was the box letting off a bit too. The cat like to be by the fire , too.........

Attachments

• CatCheck.jpg
    CatCheck.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 296
Deer don't get close enough to the house, but he has amassed control of the immediate mouse population......

19 here last night, shoulder season over...

It's also becomming glaringly obvious that I have to rethink my wood storage capacity.........

Yep finally gettin cold enough to get a good burn goin on and not have the windows open in the house at the same time!

More cold coming, this is a big system.

Wow, that IS a BIG cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.