2 Hrs cutting and splitting now with pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2010
Northern Maine
Got out of work at 7 am after my 12 hr shift and needed some alone time with the saw and x25 cut for 1 tank of gas, I think it was an ash I wanted to drop ,not a giant about 14 inch diam,split all the big stuff .YES I know no pics it didnt happen went out with camera walked 20 feet and said I need a nap will try a pic later .

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 494
  • today2.jpg
    today2.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 483
I think if I just finished a 7-7 shift I would need some alone time in my recliner w/my puppy in my lap!

Sounds like a good way to unwind if you aren't too tired but I always hesitate to run the saw or splitter if I'm tired. Just be careful.

Backwoods Savage said:
Sounds like a good way to unwind if you aren't too tired but I always hesitate to run the saw or splitter if I'm tired. Just be careful.

Yes I needed an unwind 3 12 hr nites ,after 1 tank of gas I was tired enuff to know saw needed a rest so I went to splitting.I keep cutting the small stuf but it wont go away really wish I had those limbless trees .

muncybob said:
I think if I just finished a 7-7 shift I would need some alone time in my recliner w/my puppy in my lap!

On those nights like lastnite someones tude riding a co worker,my night for getting the ride was sat lol.Plus jumping back and forth from my sitdown lift to stand up lift keeps me awake

Quitting after a tank of gas was the right thing to do. I surely know what you mean though. If we have to go into the city for something I can hardly wait to get back home and get sane again. lol Something about being in the woods. And I agree, having limbless trees might be nice.

Backwoods Savage said:
Quitting after a tank of gas was the right thing to do. I surely know what you mean though. If we have to go into the city for something I can hardly wait to get back home and get sane again. lol Something about being in the woods. And I agree, having limbless trees might be nice.

Unless all those branches had dollar bills on them lol,what wood was todays

Good deal
Now don't go telling everyone how good it feels to cut wood & how it makes a guy relax
Shrinks will be out of business. (well maybe not but it works great for folks who like to do physical work)
2 Birds::: Get BTU's & a great way to unwind.

bogydave said:
Good deal
Now don't go telling everyone how good it feels to cut wood & how it makes a guy relax
Shrinks will be out of business. (well maybe not but it works great for folks who like to do physical work)
2 Birds::: Get BTU's & a great way to unwind.

I have told several people they just dont seem to get it.The rush of the tree falling and hitting the ground ,the bucking splitting and sweat moving it around.
Some people

Status
Not open for further replies.