2 Jotul stove adaptor installation questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mushman

Mar 8, 2008
Long Island NY
I had this stove "proffesionally" installed a few years ago with no real issues.
I just took the top off repainted it and put it all back together.I've been looking at the Jotul pdf's and noticed that it says to install the stove pipe adaptor with the 4 screw holes facing down so you can attach the nuts, bolts, and spacers.
My adaptor is held in by the stove pipe stops, which were cranked up a little to keep the stove pipe tight together.
I never noticed that mine was not installed this way, since the only extra parts I got were the ash pan handle and 1 allen key.
Q1: is this o.k.?.
The manual also says insert the adaptor till the bead is flush with the "stove top"
Q2:Since ther is an indent on the top casting where the smoke outlet cover used to be ,is that considered the stove top?, or is the stove top where I'd place my thermometer and steamer?.
In other words does the adaptor go all the way down till it bottoms out?,or is it allright to crank it up a little till it reaches the stove top the way they had installed it prior?.I like the idea of snugging it all up a bit, but if they want it all the way down then that's what I'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.