2 million posts prize

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poindexter

Minister of Fire
Jun 28, 2014
Fairbanks, Alaska
Got a box on my porch today:

box.jpg

The good news is I got a brand new Fiskars X27 via post today. The bad news is I had all my wood up for the upcoming winter two months ago on March 17th....

Next time I bring in some cord wood I'll give all my splitters another test drive. Heavily favored is going to be my electric powered hydraulic splitter. I am not the only homeowner on here to have an electric and like it. On the bunks of the electric, right to left, my sledge hammer (wedges not pictured), the kind of 30-150 years old splitting maul you can find cheap at garage sales, then a TrueTemper brand fancy dancy thingamajig with a squiggly handle, and far left the new X27. I expect teh X27 will do great against the other 2 mauls:

splitfamily.jpg

I have never read a negative review of the X27. Just moving pieces around the garage I think the X27 is going to do well just on weight distribution. It weighs about the same as my other two mauls, but clearly has a lighter handle and more weight in the head then the other two.

In all fairness, I am a bit of a Fiskars "fanboy."

fiskarsfamily.jpg

Besides the new X27, I have the dandelion puller (awesome), three of the chopping axes (learned to throw with those) love 'em, the hatchet, excellent all around field hatchet but not my first choice for cedar shingle roofs. Mysteriously MIA for several months are my Fiskars scissors, love those. My best remaining shop scissors are stamped "Solingen Germany".

When I get some more cord wood in I'll write up a thread for the gear section.

Thanks to everyone involved for the surprise prize, I had no idea such a thing was happening.

Looks like that was the perfect prize for you. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.