2 more Loads of Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We took a total of 4 loads out, 3 Cherry and 1 Beech.

Zap

Sweet Score

Good stuff!

Thats definatly an awsome score. those two are my two favorite woods to burn - and split most of the time. It isn't too cold here but my F3 just went thru 2 splits of beech and one of cherry mixed together at the same time and it blew us out of the room. i am jealous of all the cherry i have seen you take out in the last few weeks - good job!

I've got lots of cherry ready for this year but I was disappointed to find that it doesn't sit very high on the BTU chart.
Not many oaks to cut around here. I'm hunting for downed sugar maple now to add to the ash and white birch I've been splitting for next year.

Thats one cherry beach ya got there! sorry, someone had to do it.

Brian VT said:
I've got lots of cherry ready for this year but I was disappointed to find that it doesn't sit very high on the BTU chart.
Not many oaks to cut around here. I'm hunting for downed sugar maple now to add to the ash and white birch I've been splitting for next year.

Brian, don't discount the cherry because of the charts. It is good hardwood with lots of btu in it. Methinks too many folks discount certain woods because someone put them lower on the charts when in truth they aren't that far apart. Oak is better than cherry, but I don't believe as much as most charts have it. Same for many others. As for me, I'll continue to burn cherry along with ash and maple and elm, etc.

PINEBURNER said:
Thats one cherry beach ya got there! sorry, someone had to do it.

Beech is on the other side of the truck, good one. Will put up proof tonight.

Zap

Good score , I always like to save some cherry for the fireplace and the great aroma

Cherry seems to dry fast, and the load I had last year was super easy to split by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.