2 new brands this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slls

Minister of Fire
Jun 9, 2008
central maine Lat 45
Local dealer has added Ashland and LG to there mix this year. 5 choices now.
Dysart's

Pellet Prices:
Athens Pellets $219/ton
Corinth Pellets $239/ton or Supersack $209/ton
Energex Pellets $297 (1.2 tons)
Ashland Pellets $239/ton
LG Pellets $359 (1.5 tons)

I didn't know Ashland had resumed production from the fire they had. I did hear they were going to produce Northeast Pellets when they did get back on line.

LG's are a Canadian softwood that has done pretty well. We did hear of some wows 2 seasons ago. They had some moisture issues, But I believe it was from the vendor storring the fuel outside. I burned a bag for last seasons review. That price seems a bit high! And they did well. Athens has stepped up there process and last seasons were something! Corinth also has refined there process to reduce the ash complaints. Energex are a decent pellet but price seems a bit high too!

Its hard to steer from something thats worked well for you. But I would at least try some of the Athens(MWP) and Corinth's. They just might surprise you!

Energex has gone up, I paid $229 a ton in Feb.

slvrblkk said:
Ashland Pellets...am I the only one who thinks this is a bit funny!

ha ha, I see your point. Up here everyone knows where the town of Ashland is, so buy local.

slvrblkk said:

Funny, Oh ya, like some of the town names in your state of Pennsylvania i.e. Balls Mills, Braintrim, Climax, Stalker, and Virginville.
LOL !

i ordered mwp out jay 3 tons for 214/ton..they will deliver the end of the month..
really good reviews from what i'm reading...

save$ said:
slvrblkk said:

Funny, Oh ya, like some of the town names in your state of Pennsylvania i.e. Balls Mills, Braintrim, Climax, Stalker, and Virginville.
LOL !

OK...last two that are near me.....Intercourse and Bird in Hand....lol....crazy!

roadking88 said:
i ordered mwp out jay 3 tons for 214/ton..they will deliver the end of the month..
really good reviews from what i'm reading...

I don't know what your set up is, but if you have a smooth surface, He will roll them right to where you want them. He uses a pellet jack to take them off his trailer. I have bought from him 3 times. Each delivery is on the day he said he would come. Everything I've purchased has been in good order. I burn the hardwood pellets. No ash in my burn pot, good heat, little dust. He now has a softwood brand I am anxious to try. He and his crew work really hard for whatever it is they are making. I feel they earn every cent they charge. Local pellet mill, local distributor, as good of service you can ask for, win win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.