2 Pellet questions... first, what store is TSC?? in Tauton, MA and also

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristiansmom

Jul 17, 2008
Rhode Island
if you have a small suv (hyundai tuscon) how many bags of pellets would you haul at 1 time?? I usually have pellets delivered but the price is good there and I might just go and make a few trips and pick up...
Thanks for any help you can give...

Debi

strap a ton to the roof.. it'll be fine, promise! Seriously, though, you could probably do @ 20 bags at a time, spread around in the car. Maybe you should see if TSC had a trailer while you are there, might be a nice investment.

debinri said:
if you have a small suv (hyundai tuscon) how many bags of pellets would you haul at 1 time?? I usually have pellets delivered but the price is good there and I might just go and make a few trips and pick up...
Thanks for any help you can give...

Debi

The Tuscon I have is a 4 cylinder-5 speed, so the max payload is only about 1000lbs.
If I go alone, I get no more than 20 bags at a time spread out with the seats down.
Overloading it is not worth the repair bills. Ask me how I know :shut:

TSC is Tractor Supply. They just opened and are in the BJs parking lot on Bay Road.

j-takeman said:
tinkabranc said:
Overloading it is not worth the repair bills. Ask me how I know :shut:

OK, I'll ask? :) :cheese:

So far-
bearings, bushings, struts, and seat airbag sensors....I need a REAL truck :-S

Deb,

At 40lbs a bag I would keep your load down to less than 20 bags. That would be 800 lbs.
I would even think about making it in three trips.

Better, you must know someone with a pick up. Cost you a case of beer or so to "borrow" it for a trip.

On a side note, I just received a coupon in the mail from TSC. Good Sept 29-Oct 10
15% any purchase over $50 (looks like pellets are not specifically excluded)

You might wait a day or so for the coupon to arrive in the mail.

Of course I didn't have the coupon last week when I bought my pellets :)

---Nailer---

debinri said:
Thanks everyone... Maybe I will just have them delivered... www.woodpellets.com has free delivery
right now..

Debi

Nothing is free and businesses do not profit from losses. Ask yourself…who do you know that deserves your business? Venture out, make a friend, reward a small business. Pay $20 more to help out the small guy.

I would love to do that but 1 hour round trip x3 is just too much for me... I would love to help a small local business but don't know of any around that delivers...

Debi

debinri said:
I would love to do that but 1 hour round trip x3 is just too much for me... I would love to help a small local business but don't know of any around that delivers...

Debi

South Shore Wood Pellets will deliver to your area. Link below

Linky poo

Status
Not open for further replies.