Restaurant to close for a few days due to fire KINGSTON - The Steel House Restaurant on the Rondout will be closed until Wednesday following a chimney fire Saturday afternoon. The Kingston Fire Department reported to a chimney fire at the restaurant, 100 Rondout Landing, at 12:55 p.m., Deputy Chief Loren Wangstad said. The fire, he said, started in the chimney of the wood stove used to make pizza. "The fire was up in between the roofing material and the slate roof," Wangstad said. It took the fire department about an hour to get the flames under control, he said. Most of the smoke and water damage is concentrated at the base and chimney of the wood stove and on the second-floor mezzanine bar area, Wangstad said. "It's a really open place," he said of the dining area, which has a high ceiling extending several stories. "It was really hard to get up to the roof area to get to the fire." Firefighters had to use ladders to hoist themselves to the fire's level, he said. There were no injuries reported. The Kingston City Police, Mobile Life ambulance services and Ulster County Department of Health were also on the scene. A call to the restaurant was unanswered, but the message said the restaurant would be closed until Wednesday.