2 stoves at auction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reckstein

Oct 23, 2010
Metro St. Louis
Hello all, first time to this site being directed here to hopefully get some info about a couple of stoves I previewed for auction Saturday. One is a Malleable Monarch 6 eye, no reservoir with the number 3554R below the oven door. Owner says its "about 100 years old". Complete (from what I can tell and what he says), unrestored but not in awful condition. Thoughts on how old and general value?

Other stove was a smaller Savoy from Auto Stove Works in New Athens, IL No.188 and had 18HOST435 inside the door. This was in much cleaner shape than the Monarch. Sat on a split cast iron frame. Any input welcomed.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Randy

With stoves that old you are pretty much on your own. Their cousins have been recycled to become car engine blocks a long time ago.

In five years here I haven't seen a mention of either of them.

And when did I see the stoves he mentioned, mentioned here?

Defunct is defunct. I know a couple of hundred year old Jotuls too. He didn't ask about them either. :coolsmirk:

Thanks for the return input. I had checked the Monarch history site but couldn't dig up any specific info on the model # of this particular stove. As it turns out I got both of them for a song. When I talked to him today to arrange transport he said he wouldn't have parted with them for the price had I not come out and talked with him before hand so that he knew where they were headed. The Monarch had been passed down through the family although no one has cooked on it for years and none of the current family had the space or inclination to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.