2 tons of the cheap stuff

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwoodneil

Feeling the Heat
Feb 10, 2012
Land of Cheese
Just picked up 2 ton of Pennywise (Marth) at the local Menards $184.50 (I might grab 1 more at that price). They seemed to burn alright for me last year. Now 1 ton of Uncle Jeds $229.00 from the dealer in town for the coldest nights and I should be set. The old "97 pellet wagon liked the work out, me,not so much.

IMG_0488-001.JPG

Before someone asks. I know no pics it didn't happen.

Reactions: smoke show
Hey Neil are the pennywise soft or hardwoods?

And how bout a pic of the pellet wagon?

Hey Neil are the pennywise soft or hardwoods

Ya know it doesn't say anywhere on the bag. I'm going with hardwood the ash lighter in color and texture than the Uncle Jeds. Made by Marth and they're mainly hardwood in the other bags they have out there. To dark outside for a pic of the old truck maybe after work.

Reactions: smoke show
Ya know it doesn't say anywhere on the bag. I'm going with hardwood the ash lighter in color and texture than the Uncle Jeds. Made by Marth and they're mainly hardwood in the other bags they have out there. To dark outside for a pic of the old truck maybe after work.
I've used both of their hard and softs. Not impressed with the hardwoods, but I've never tried pennywise.

I'll be interested to hear your input.

Gettin me 2 ton this weekend. Hope they are good. Softwood Super Premium.

Cant be terrible. Reviews here are pretty good.

I think Countrybomo meant that was his good stuff and he was lookin for some cheaper stuff?
For what my unprofessional opinion is worth, Rocky Mountain Pellets are probably really good. I got hold of a ton a couple of years ago at a good price and we were very happy with them. Problem for me is that I don't think they are distributed in northeast Massachusetts. But I got Okanagans this year, so I'm OK.

I just liked the somersets I have ran before better. I ran some rockys last year just buying by the bag because I think I only burned 10 bags cause winter was so mild and I wasn't as impressed as the year before. What I ran last year wasn't as good as the pro pellets. I have someone that might be heading by OHP's plant and hauling a few ton for himself and said he would sell me a ton for 160.00 if he goes. I think at that price I would run the OHP's in the shoulder and hold the rockys back.

Status
Not open for further replies.