2 Wet Cords delivered today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggins08

Sep 20, 2006
Springfield MA
I had 2 cords of wood delivered today, it is all seasoned, but, the wood seems to have gotten wet recently. How long will this take to dry on average, should I complain? It's definetly not ready to burn right now for the most part, some of it is dry though.

unless you know the person that delivered you the wood. don't always believe that just because they say it's seasoned dose not mean it is.

some people don't even know how to tie there own shoes let alone know what seasoned wood is.

how i look at it is if the wood looks nice and new then chances are it's not seasoned.

just like if you hire a contractor and he shows up with all bran new tools get him the heck out of there you know he's no good yet.

you should see cracks in the wood and it should not be heavy in your hand.

also if you burn it and you here it sizzle then it's wet call them back and complain

thanks
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.