1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

2 years old hearthstone heritage...What should we ask for it?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by geka, Jan 21, 2012.

1. geka

geka Member

Loc:
    New Jersey

We just upgraded to a Mansfield and wish to sell our Heritage. Only used for two seasons. Is in great shape. No issues. Have no idea what to ask. Any ideas? Thank you.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Perhaps 50-60% of original price? Perhaps only two years might bring more but most folks when shopping for used want as low of a price as they can find. So, you might start out with 75% of what you paid for the stove and that would give you a bit of room to dicker.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    At two years old, if it's still looking great inside and out, I would ask about $2K with maybe 1800 being bottom line.
  4. yukiginger

yukiginger Member

Whatever price you ask I recommend including in your ad the current new price from your local dealer. Most people have no idea how expensive these wood stoves have gotten.
  5. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    When considering what % of original price to ask, instead consider % of todays price since that is what is important and of course is higher. Something like this I expect to pay half of new cost. The heritage hasn't changed in quite a while so the age of the stove is not as important as the condition. If it is a painted model and the paint has weathered as horribly as mine has then a fresh coat would be cheap and add lots of appeal. Also, replacing the 60$ baffle board would help the stove look as good as new.

One of these coming years I will be in your shoes. Sell soon since spring is around the corner and the stove market is crap in the spring.

Start under 2000$.
  6. stircrazy

stircrazy Member

Loc:
    BC, Canada
    although your to far away for me to be interested in it, I am looking at the hearthstone heritage and was curious why you upgraded.

Steve