1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

20 Degrees outside...wind chill 3 degrees

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by cheapheatnow, Dec 27, 2010.

1. cheapheatnow

cheapheatnow Member

Loc:
    WMASS
    "Best forum on the web". 74 degrees downstairs...63 upstairs. Loving it! Lot's of great info on this blog. Thanks to all. Your tips have kept the family warm! VC Montpelier insert. Free wood = Freedom...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. albertj03

albertj03 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Same thing here in Maine and I've got the Super 27 cranking in the basement keeping the first floor at 72. Nothing like a nasty blizzard to remind you how great it is to have free wood, a great stove and a great place to come to learn and share.
  3. shawneyboy

shawneyboy New Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    Shout it from the mountain !!!! Oh wait, we don't want everyone to know about the "free" wood, do we ???
  4. cheapheatnow

cheapheatnow Member

Loc:
    WMASS
    Amen brothers!!!
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    We aren't quite that cold. 26 and wind chill of 12. Laying in bed with the laptop and it is 72 up here. A little too warm but what ya gonna do?
  6. shawneyboy

shawneyboy New Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    72 ? my daughter would be in heaven. I swear in the winter she is cold if the house is below 69. In the summer if it hits 74 she is sooooo hot. Chicks, hmphhh.
  7. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    76 in the living room 72 else where.

20 outside wind chill 0. 13 inches of snow on ground.
  8. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Well, 20 degrees is not all that bad.....especially when it is nice and warm inside.
  9. robertmcw

robertmcw Member

Loc:
    Texas
    It was about 25 this morning. I had to add some wood at 5am but now it is 32 outside and 76 inside. Most the time, it keeps us about 78 - 80.

The Avalon is a monster. We haven't used the propane for the heat most this year (we still use the propane for hot water and cooking).

Robert
  10. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Agreed 100% . . . the only problem is the knowledge that at some point I have to leave the comfort of the toasty warm house to go out again and plow the driveway a second time . . . or a third time even.
  11. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Agreed . . . Cheapheat . . . this is one of my favorite forums . . . which seems to amuse many of my friends who do not think heating with wood would be all that exciting to read about . . . welcome to the forum.