20 Saw Deal - Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Well, just came back from a 5 hour round-trip to see the saws. You all would have laughed your arse's off - a complete pile if beat up JUNK! I wouldn't have paid more than $10 buck for 18 of the 20 saws - one MS170 in reasonable shape and a Husky 51 in reasonable shape - offered $100 for those and no deal. So......left empty handed, but glad I'm not the one stuck with those saws!! Luckily, I have a good buddy that I haven't seen for while who lives pretty close to where I drove - had a nice dinner with his family - so....a good day nonetheless! I'm about out of tinkering saws at this point - withdrawal kicking in - need a good CL deal soon!! Cheers!

At least you had your head screwed on straight enough to walk away. That is hard for a lot of us to do. Especially once we talk ourselves into a "good deal."

Agreed - almost glad they were in such bad shape - wasn't even tempted! Cheers!

Booooo. Kinda glad, though,I don't have any extra money to be spending on saws, and there were a few I wanted if they were to be had.

Bummer
Good call though.
Gotta have fun ones to work on, not a basket full of basket cases. :)

Guy probably thinks he has saws with value. (or he had a sucker)
Didn't know you were a saw guru! :)

Either way, you made a good day out of it.

Good deals will show up soon. Folks starting spring cleaning, CL will be busy.

I'm about out of tinkering saws at this point - withdrawal kicking in - need a good CL deal soon!
I'm here for you. Just call, I'll let this box of uh, saws go for 450 :)

s34otG5.jpg

Reactions: smokinj
Mike - that box looks mint compared to what I saw - Hittin - yes, he had the 266/268/272 (one 268 was only a partial powerhead) in the lot - no compression, all plastics trashed, etc., broken recoils, on and on and on. He had was he said he had, just a nasty lot. Cheers!

Reactions: smokinj
Status
Not open for further replies.