200+ on list for install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valentine92

Mar 31, 2008
Lehigh Valley, PA
We went to look at the harman stoves on Monday. We are having the owner come out to suggest where we should put it.

An employee told us that that have 200 stoves on order from Harman and so far they dont know when they will be delivered.

Should we bite the bullet and order one this week or should we look elsewhere. I'm a bit concerned to have over 200 customers in line ahead of me to have a stove installed, especially when they dont know when the stoves will be delivered.

Suggestions?

I understand that Harmon dealers always setup and run the machines before they get installed in the customers home, so that's something else that has to be accomplished.

I agree that I would start looking elsewhere even if I had to drive a distance for a good deal. Installation can be done by the homeowner with some skills.

Steve

If you have that many people/stoves in front of you, I would move on too.

Can you turn a wrench? Or do you have friends/family who can?
You can always find a stove that you like and install it yourselves.

Shortstuff said:
I understand that Harmon dealers always setup and run the machines before they get installed in the customers home, so that's something else that has to be accomplished.

I agree that I would start looking elsewhere even if I had to drive a distance for a good deal. Installation can be done by the homeowner with some skills.

Steve

Mine wasn't tested prior to install. However, my dealer had his install crew fire it up before they left. They hung around for about 30 minutes to make sure everything was burning well.

Our XXV was installed this past weekend & we were told that they aren't taking more orders for Harman (not sure if it's Harman or the dealer that's not taking orders) because Harman isn't guaranteeing delivery dates right now & they are working 3 shifts to build stoves. They said it was a good thing that we placed our order in early May (chose to wait until mid-June for installation to fit our schedule). So anyone sitting on the fence had better not sit for too long. I would get my name on the list, assuming you can cancel your order without penalty if the stove hasn't come in by a set date. At least you won't have more people ahead of you (and some of them could cancel too).

I think every dealer is different, I am on a waiting list and I am 7th, so they told me I should be able to get one. I just went on this list 10 days ago, but If I was 200 I would look elsewhere for another stove or dealer, if you have others close to you. I couldn't imagine my dealer being able to install 200 stoves, they are a small family owned business and the husband does all the installs with a few guys helping. So if you have a large dealer maybe they can handle that volume.
Krissy

Just wait until you are 200th on the delivery schedule for pellets. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.