1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

200+ on list for install

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by valentine92, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valentine92

valentine92 Member

Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    We went to look at the harman stoves on Monday. We are having the owner come out to suggest where we should put it.

An employee told us that that have 200 stoves on order from Harman and so far they dont know when they will be delivered.

Should we bite the bullet and order one this week or should we look elsewhere. I'm a bit concerned to have over 200 customers in line ahead of me to have a stove installed, especially when they dont know when the stoves will be delivered.

Suggestions?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Personally, I would either give it up or look elsewhere. But that is my personal outlook. If you have no date and 200 people in front of you, that is fairly hopeless (IMHO).
  3. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern MA
    I understand that Harmon dealers always setup and run the machines before they get installed in the customers home, so that's something else that has to be accomplished.

I agree that I would start looking elsewhere even if I had to drive a distance for a good deal. Installation can be done by the homeowner with some skills.

Steve
  4. tinkabranc

tinkabranc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Coast MA
    If you have that many people/stoves in front of you, I would move on too.
  5. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Can you turn a wrench? Or do you have friends/family who can?
    You can always find a stove that you like and install it yourselves.
  6. BubbRubb

BubbRubb New Member

Loc:
    Hagerstown, MD
    Mine wasn't tested prior to install. However, my dealer had his install crew fire it up before they left. They hung around for about 30 minutes to make sure everything was burning well.
  7. mlwschultz

mlwschultz New Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Our XXV was installed this past weekend & we were told that they aren't taking more orders for Harman (not sure if it's Harman or the dealer that's not taking orders) because Harman isn't guaranteeing delivery dates right now & they are working 3 shifts to build stoves. They said it was a good thing that we placed our order in early May (chose to wait until mid-June for installation to fit our schedule). So anyone sitting on the fence had better not sit for too long. I would get my name on the list, assuming you can cancel your order without penalty if the stove hasn't come in by a set date. At least you won't have more people ahead of you (and some of them could cancel too).
  8. modemgirl

modemgirl New Member

Loc:
    Southern MA
    I think every dealer is different, I am on a waiting list and I am 7th, so they told me I should be able to get one. I just went on this list 10 days ago, but If I was 200 I would look elsewhere for another stove or dealer, if you have others close to you. I couldn't imagine my dealer being able to install 200 stoves, they are a small family owned business and the husband does all the installs with a few guys helping. So if you have a large dealer maybe they can handle that volume.
    Krissy
  9. RedRanger

RedRanger New Member

Loc:
    British Columbia
    Just wait until you are 200th on the delivery schedule for pellets. :roll:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.