2004 englander 25PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtrout

Sep 19, 2008
NW PA
Hi, I have a question for everyone. I never realized u could change the program on this stove so when I checked my stove was on "A". I have read that most PDV stoves are on "c". Is this year dependent? I called englander before and my lower three settings are supposed to be 6 9 1 where newer pdv stoves are at 6 4 1. So should my program be "c"? I am asking because I bouth this stove used and the previous owner fiddled with everything on this stove.

bigtrout said:
Hi, I have a question for everyone. I never realized u could change the program on this stove so when I checked my stove was on "A". I have read that most PDV stoves are on "c". Is this year dependent? I called englander before and my lower three settings are supposed to be 6 9 1 where newer pdv stoves are at 6 4 1. So should my program be "c"? I am asking because I bouth this stove used and the previous owner fiddled with everything on this stove.

Model, year, and sometimes even serial number is needed. Call Englander Tech.

SmokeyTheBear said:
bigtrout said:

Model, year, and sometimes even serial number is needed. Call Englander Tech.

I agree w/ Smokey....call Englander again, and confirm the settings, and find out what year your stove was made. In general, if it has an ignitor to start the stove, it's 2004 or newer.

Will do but does someone have an intelligent explanation of all the modes a thru d. As in air fuel ratios and feed rates??? I know the feed rate is least on d for the pdvc but how bout the air fuel ratios?

bigtrout said:
Will do but does someone have an intelligent explanation of all the modes a thru d. As in air fuel ratios and feed rates??? I know the feed rate is least on d for the pdvc but how bout the air fuel ratios?

From what I know, those settings (a,b,c d) ARE the different air/fuel programs in the control software for different stoves. Controlling feed rate & combustion air is what determines the a/f ratio. Since they use the same control board for all their stoves, these "hidden" programs allow them to set the control board to the particular stove being made, without having to have 4 different boards.

IMO, find out what your stove is supposed to be set at, and if it already is set correctly (unless an Englander Tech tells you to change it), leave it alone. Englander knows way more than you or I about that.

I agree w/ mac- be very careful with these settings as they may alter things you do not see in normal use like your overtemp shutoff and such. Use tech support!

Status
Not open for further replies.