2005 englander 25-pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanhunter

Dec 13, 2014
New Hampshire
The Stove was in the house when we bought it. It worked great for a while, Thanksgiving we lost power for 3 days. now the stove runs and puts out heat but not like it used to. Any heat setting over 5 the pellet consumption is the same and heat output does not change. it is putting out a lot of heat but steadily goes down over 8 hrs until just blowing warm air not hot despite a nice fire burning inside. 3 magic buttons are 6-4-1. This stove is a 2005 so does the a-b-c-d modes exist.

The Stove was in the house when we bought it. It worked great for a while, Thanksgiving we lost power for 3 days. now the stove runs and puts out heat but not like it used to. Any heat setting over 5 the pellet consumption is the same and heat output does not change. it is putting out a lot of heat but steadily goes down over 8 hrs until just blowing warm air not hot despite a nice fire burning inside. 3 magic buttons are 6-4-1. This stove is a 2005 so does the a-b-c-d modes exist.
I have the exact same model and yr stove,to check what mode your in unplug the stove plug it back in and push both the blower up down buttons at the same time ith in 5 seconds or so.the stove will show the mode in the heat range window you should be in mode d.

So what is the deal with the a-b-c-d modes. What is the difference? Can this stove run in mode c? Is it o.k. and safe? It was id d before had used a lot of pellets and got no heat. on 7 house was barely 58 on c at 2 house is 67 with less pellets. went from 2 bags to 1 a day

The stove should never be run in a or b mode,in c mode it will feed more pellets per auger cycle and throw more heat than it does in d mode.if yor not getting good heat give the stove a real deep cleaning and also clean your vent pipe lack of heat is usually the result of a dirty stove.also how many square ft is the home?

Also have you changed the brand of pellet your using? Did your supply get wet by any chance?

At first i tried all kinds of pellets and settled on the Green supremes. The have been burning well and I can get them strait from the facory since it is right down the road. Everytime while it was in d i had to do a deep clean. When I went to clear the ashes from the pot they were hard and looked like a hockey puck. 2 days now heat setting 2 blower 4 house is warmer and light fluffy ash everytime i scoop it out while running in c

House is about 1300 +/- sqft. Last owner claimed the first floor was heated so well it was almost to hot
Sounds like your getting there I'm not a fan of the gs pellets my stove didn't get the heat out of them in either c or d mode I put some presto logs in it and much better.my house is aprox the same square ft as you and I'm running heat range 2 and blower 3 house is a steady 75.had to shut her down today it's almost 50 outside so it's way to hot in here.while it's down il give it a cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.