2006 P.E. Super 27 insert vs 2016 P.E. Super insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zstan

Dec 9, 2016
Union, SC
I found a good deal on a 2006 pacific energy 27 insert wood stove. The super 27 has the same size firebox as the PE super, and my question is, how would it perform compared to a new 2016 pacific energy super insert? What technology does the new 2016 pe super insert have that the 2006 super 27 does not. assuming all of the consumables ( baffle, firebricks, glass, gasket) on the super 27 were in good shape, Thank you for your help.

I would expect them to perform similarly. There haven't been a lot of changes in this insert. That said, ten years of use will add some wear and tear so the price needs to make it worthwhile. One thing that probably may need replacing in the old insert is the blower.

Right. How much is a "good deal" and compared to a new one? A lot of people successfully buy used stoves, but I'm not one of them because you never know what could be lurking, and I want my stove to last as long as possible. That said, the 27 is a good stove from way back, so just be very diligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.