2006 pdvc blower vac switch jumper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AnnaMn

Jan 22, 2019
Minnesota
I have a 2006 Englander PDVC in the house I am renting. When trouble shooting the upper auger vacuum switch (it’s bad) I noticed that the blower vacuum switch has been jumped. I’m not sure why the previous user would have done this. There is no hopper lid switch on this stove. Ideas as to why this switch got jumped? I may have to replace it as well.

Only way to find out is pull the jumper and see if the stove works, no way of knowing what someone else has done. Probably just a dirty stove. Put all the wires where they belong. clean the stoves air passages and vent and fire it up and see how it works

Okay. Vacuum switch wires connected made no difference to my issue/s. E2 code after startup. Sometimes ignition and sometimes not. Manual start works, then shutdown after maybe 20 minutes. Thinking heat sensor. I’ve done a full clean (except replacing comb. motor since I have no gasket, and no burn box gasket yet). The heat sensor is connected well, only thing I can see is the white covering of the wires is loose on both ends. Combustion motor is on my list as it looks really old and perhaps a rebuilt. From what I’ve read the heat sensor or a weak blower motor can cause the E2 error. Ideas? Can I disconnect the heat sensor and try running it, or will it not run disconnected. Also know control board could

The pdvc’s are really picky on being clean have you pulled the impingement plate and cleaned down behind it in the heat exchanger paths? Make sure the ends on the rubber hoses that go to the vacuum switches are not cracked (both ends) make sure you put them back on the right nipples. E2 is the code for failing to start.

The pdvc’s are really picky on being clean have you pulled the impingement plate and cleaned down behind it in the heat exchanger paths? Make sure the ends on the rubber hoses that go to the vacuum switches are not cracked (both ends) make sure you put them back on the right nipples. E2 is the code for failing to start.
Yeah, got down behind plate today with tubing. Recently scrubbed out vent as well as check air intake for blockages. Replaced vac hoses this fall. Checked the stints and carefully cleaned out. Tiny suction on switches closes the contact, I can hear it. Bypassing switches causes no change in failure to start. Top Auger motor replaced two seasons ago. Both working, just top seems to not feed after startup which lead me to think heat sensor. I really hope the board is not bad. Anything else it could be?

You could take the thermister(heat sensor) off and use some sandpaper to clean it and the contact point on the stove. That may help if not i would change the sensor first.

Thank you! I may end up doing that. But first I switched out the newer augermotor with the old one. And it’s all working. All vacuum switches hooked up etc. I’m waiting to see how long it runs. If that was it, I just need to get a new connector on the motor that’s on the top auger. Who knows. In any case I really appreciate your ideas and assistance. Ive got gaskets to order!