2008 Cherry Gone!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This was some of the first Cherry that sacrificed it's self for some btu's this heating season, this was some blow down from up top. Burning some real ugly chunks of beech and maple this week, looks like Thanksgiving weekend we will start burning the wood scheduled for 2010-2011 season. Most of the wood we've burned so far has been uglies or chunks plus this Cherry which when we are done with the two racks in the cellar will have been .61 of a cord.

We burned five cord last year and hope that we can get that down to just under four.

Attachments

• 100_0208.jpg
    100_0208.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 285
EatenByLimestone said:
You're btus are free! Run away! Run away!

Matt

It might come off our land but nothing is free, we paid for every tree! :zip:

wood reclaimer

zap

Good point zap. I'm STILL paying, even for the trees I already cut and burned.
I wonder if the ins. co. will reimburse me if I have a fire in my woods? Maybe plant some new trees?
N/M, must have been a dream.
I'm hoping to burn a little less wood this year too. Started burning almost 2 weeks earlier than usual this year, but recently, the weather has moderated and the burning has been sporadic.
Almost daily fires now, though. Feels like a roller coaster/seesaw.

zapny said:
EatenByLimestone said:
You're btus are free! Run away! Run away!

Matt

It might come off our land but nothing is free, we paid for every tree! :zip:

wood reclaimer

zap

You are right Zap and you pay every year when you pay your real estate taxes too.

PapaDave said:
Good point zap. I'm STILL paying, even for the trees I already cut and burned.
I wonder if the ins. co. will reimburse me if I have a fire in my woods? Maybe plant some new trees?
N/M, must have been a dream.
I'm hoping to burn a little less wood this year too. Started burning almost 2 weeks earlier than usual this year, but recently, the weather has moderated and the burning has been sporadic.
Almost daily fires now, though. Feels like a roller coaster/seesaw.

As for the wood you burned, it's kinda like the story of the cigar smoker that submitted a fire loss claim for the super expensive sticks he consumed. His insurance company paid the claim because they were consumed by fire. They had the last laugh tho. They had him arrested for arson!

Status
Not open for further replies.