2009 Harman XXV New 2011 Circuit Board - Maybe they are listening???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lbcynya

Feeling the Heat
Oct 26, 2006
W Michigan
So, being a little OCD does pay off, I think. Bought an XXV back in 2009 and decided to stock up on some common repair parts off Ebay when I see a good deal. So, needless to say, I have an ESP, 15 fin igniter and a circuit board manufactured in December of 2011. Stove has been flawless and none of the spares have been necessary. Gear box is still noisy, but I've gotten used to it and now I miss the hum when I'm up stairs. :rolleyes:

Flash forward to a couple weeks ago and the thread (insert link here eventually) that talked about emergency shut down and this capability on stoves manufactured after November 2010 - board revision E. I've been stalking Amazon for the CyberPower Pure Sine Wave backup for months, but I never pulled the trigger (just have to say NO sometimes...). Good thing I didn't, because the backup circuit board I bought (110 bucks shipped, new in box :eek:) and a 75 buck Tripp Lite battery backup work well together in the event of a power loss, for, in my case, about the same money as the CP backup. Sweet.

So, kudo's to Harman (not Herman, Hormon, Heymon, Harmon or Hartman) for making that nice improvement in their seemingly 1980's technology control system.

It gets better (and I'll be nice now) I noticed that the new board has -41 volts of low draft adjustment which betters the previous board by -31 volts. Wow, another nice improvement. Time to check the draft now since I might have a chance and not pegging the Magnehelic. Perfect!

Finally, there is a detent in the Stove Temp/Room temp knob for the off position. That always annoyed me that I practically had to get on my hands and knees to see if I turned the stove off. Now it makes a bump when you hit the center of the off position! Woooohoooo.

I haven't noticed anything else yet, but I will when I do. So far, liking the new board and some unexpected features.

Hey I have to totally agree with you. I recently changed my board to the revised E board from the revised C board on my 06 Accentra. And your right bout the indents in all the knobs. The feed knob has the a indent on 4 and on room temp there is a indent on the M and on stove temp there is an indent in bout the E. I find those indentions perfect for the blower. Also, why I changed the board was because my stove would never shut down on room temp. The new board now allows my stove to shut down and cycle. I actually called the harman tech line and actually talked to a tech and he said the newer Boards process the information faster and differently than the older boards. So I agree with you.... I newer revised E board is a much better improvement...

Great, hope fully we dont need to discuss power outages the next few days..

Status
Not open for further replies.