2010 Batch of Greene Teams-Ash?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
Because we didn't have any real cold last year in the Northeast I saved my GTs for this year. Started burning them over the weekend with the predicted cold coming in. They are very hot but the ash is way more than I would have thought. Does anyone have any of their 2011 GTs that they are still burning? I bought them in 2011 but they were a late 2010 batch run according to the bag code. Just wondering.....

My GT plat bags are dated 7/12 and seem on par with all the other brands I burned.

I find the 2012 batch to be dirtiest of all, I've had every year starting in 2010

I burned some leftover from last year and have burned about 1 1/2 tons from my Aug. delivery and they all were very ashy. Very good heat, but a lot of ash, so it sounds like 2010 isn't any different than the 2011 & 2012 batches.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Status
Not open for further replies.