2010 Delivery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donmattingly

Jun 17, 2009
Southern,NH
Well, the firewood for the 2011, 2012 and maybe 2013 season is here. I was hoping to get it this spring when it was so much cooler out. Anyone want to guess how long it will take me to stack and split? With a one year old and limited time off I would like to be done by October 1st. We'll see....

Attachments

• 2010delivery.jpg
    2010delivery.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 411
Not sure but it would have been a lot faster if you had had him hold it with the grapple while you bucked it. Have fun with the pile and congrats with the kid.

donmattingly said:
Well, the firewood for the 2011, 2012 and maybe 2013 season is here. I was hoping to get it this spring when it was so much cooler out. Anyone want to guess how long it will take me to stack and split? With a one year old and limited time off I would like to be done by October 1st. We'll see....

Nice load of logs what type of wood is it? The worst part of Hurricane season coming up so I'll say October 22.

zap

Nice load of wood, a 1yo is easy :p stick em in a bouncy chair thing or a portable crib with lots of toys. When they get a little older where they can climb out is when it gets harder :-O

zapny said:
donmattingly said:

Nice load of logs what type of wood is it? The worst part of Hurricane season coming up so I'll say October 22.

zap

A little bit of everything in this load, oak, maple, birch, and of course NO pine. A friend owns a tree service and they were clearing a lot in the next town over.

My son will not be outside for the sawing and splitting, but will for the stacking so he learns at an early age how to stack wood properly!

donmattingly said:
zapny said:
donmattingly said:

zap

A little bit of everything in this load, oak, maple, birch, and of course NO pine. A friend owns a tree service and they were clearing a lot in the next town over.

My son will not be outside for the sawing and splitting, but will for the stacking so he learns at an early age how to stack wood properly!

Just make sure he's wearing a YANKEE hat, big win last night.

zap

zapny said:
donmattingly said:

zap

Oh and the last big hurricane we had around here was Gloria in the 80's so maybe we are due! Better get going!

donmattingly said:

Congratulations Don; both on the child and on the logs.

My best guess is that it would take 1-2 cases of beer to get the job done. So, it all depends upon how much beer you drink.

zapny said:
donmattingly said:
zapny said:
donmattingly said:

zap

Just make sure he's wearing a YANKEE hat, big win last night.

zap

Wrong territory for that kind of nonsense! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.