2010 Pellet Prices - Early Buy Program

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Former Farmer

Minister of Fire
Apr 12, 2008
NE Wisconsin
Just wanted to post pricing that I received today from my dealer. These are prepaid prices per ton. Product has to be picked up by mid summer.

Marth (maple) bagged - $164
Southern Hardwood (oak) bagged - $179
Uncle Jed's Softwood (pine) bagged - $196
Western Elite (douglas fir) bagged - $226
Uncle Jed's Doug Fir (bear mtn) bagged - $259
Uncle Jed's Softwood (pine) bulk - $175
Western Elite (douglas fir) bulk - $202
Uncle Jed's Doug Fir (bear mtn) bulk - $238

Plus you have to pay $42 to belong in the "Buyers Club".

seems decent...haven't gotten my mailer yet.
was hopeing the jeds doug fir would be a little cheaper.
never heard of western elite might hafta try em.

So far the prices for Central NY are not looking all that good. NEWP is going to be around $200 picked up and we are waiting on a call back from Northern to see if they are going to have a spring price reduction. I was hoping to sell them for around $175 but I can't even get them for that.

Got the stuff yesterday... gotta love the Bear Mountain's... worth every penny.

got a email yesterday, NEWP has,according to this seller "dropped wholesale prices" so they now where offering $280 per ton instead of $290 pickup !

Looks like the best bet is back to fuel oil and put a plant on the pellet stove !

maybe if enough do the same,and many will,they will be drowning in pellets and the price will drop.

x2 Dodge! I know what the spring wholesale price is for NEWP's, and agreed..........again, Im amazed at the local idiosynchracies of retail pricing!

nhdblfan said:
Looks like the best bet is back to fuel oil and put a plant on the pellet stove!

How many gallons of fuel oil does a ton of pellets replace? I assume from this discussion you guys stove burning pellets somewhere between $200 and $300/ton?

SolarAndWood said:
nhdblfan said:
Looks like the best bet is back to fuel oil and put a plant on the pellet stove!

How many gallons of fuel oil does a ton of pellets replace? I assume from this discussion you guys stove burning pellets somewhere between $200 and $300/ton?

I use this and just plug in the numbers,of course it does not account for moving pellets,cleaning.

http://www.pelletheat.org/3/residential/compareFuel.cfm

Anton Smirnov said:
Here MA, woodpellets.com is a great supplier, but be warned: their 'early buy' season is feb / march. prices will go up from here.

already started to, Anton

SolarAndWood said:
nhdblfan said:

Dry Creek had on there bags that 1 bag of pellets was worth 2.5 gallons of oil, so 50 x 2.5 = 125 gallons.

zap

nhdblfan said:
got a email yesterday, NEWP has,according to this seller "dropped wholesale prices" so they now where offering $280 per ton instead of $290 pickup !

Looks like the best bet is back to fuel oil and put a plant on the pellet stove !

maybe if enough do the same,and many will,they will be drowning in pellets and the price will drop.

Last year I was offered a price of $279 a ton for NEWP during the "early buy" program. Prices later dropped, yet this year their price is just about the same as last year??? Doesn't make sense...

Relax....prices haven't begun to go down that much, early bird wont catch the worm....make'um sweat!!

Ladderlieu said:
nhdblfan said:

Last year I was offered a price of $279 a ton for NEWP during the "early buy" program. Prices later dropped, yet this year their price is just about the same as last year??? Doesn't make sense...
New England feels that they do not have to drop their price.

We just got the spring price for Cubex $225 picked up! I am happy with that because it does seem to be a really good burning pellet.

dodge99 said:
Ladderlieu said:
nhdblfan said:

Thats the feeling I am getting but my neighbor runs a plant that is next store to one of their suppliers that is full of wood that they don't want right now as they have so many pellets unsold !

Love the pellets they make but the company is not customer friendly IMO !

Meneillys Woodland Products said:
We just got the spring price for Cubex $225 picked up! I am happy with that because it does seem to be a really good burning pellet.

I'd fill my garage if I could get Cubex for that price !

dodge99 said:
Ladderlieu said:
nhdblfan said:

Although NEWP is a pretty decent pellet, I can pay LESS for BETTER elsewhere. If NEWP doesn't realize that soon enough, they'll realize it when sales begin to drop.

dodge99 said:
Ladderlieu said:
nhdblfan said:

Most business owners will not tell you their true profit margin.
How can you be sure the manufacturer did not come down more than $10 a ton wholesale?

Meneillys Woodland Products said:
now thats a excellent price for an A+ pellet

Local dealer has Corinth for $222 you pick up and Athens (New) for around $217 you pick up.
Was given 2 bags of Athens to try. So far they are burning just like New England's.

got a call tonite from company in greenfield center about early buy.they are telling me by the trailer load delivered to me newp 211.00 ton,barefoot 225.00 ton,dry creek 228.00 ton. 5.00 per ton extra if they supply fork lift.good until april 1st.

jsvo said:
got a call tonite from company in greenfield center about early buy.they are telling me by the trailer load delivered to me newp 211.00 ton,barefoot 225.00 ton,dry creek 228.00 ton. 5.00 per ton extra if they supply fork lift.good until april 1st.

That's a good price on the barefoots, IF you can get enough people to take the whole trailer load.

Status
Not open for further replies.