2011 Early Buys - Sign of escalating Wood Pellet Prices along MA - south shore

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will never be cheaper than they are today.... Looking to add 3 tons of MWP which I can still get locally for just under $250/ton.
Fuel is going through the roof! And inflation will effect everything we need to buy... deflation will effect everything we own. This will NOT end well. We're totally on our own, boys and girls.

I think we will see this from many pellet retailers. Seems to be the theme with oil on the rise! I have seen Hamer, Barefoot and Turman listed as limited supplies due to fiber shortages. Might be more mills out there with this issue. I have also heard from a few insiders that are saying many mills are upping the prices come may first and then another increase come June first. Pretty much going to be a steady increase for a bit.

Notice the Vermonts had a smaller increase and keep your eye on other chipped whole log pellet mills. They should have a steady supply of fiber.

I feel much better knowing I have 2011/2012 stash all stored away. Hunting for the 2012/2013 might get pretty interesting!

j-takeman said:
I feel much better knowing I have 2011/2012 stash all stored away. Hunting for the 2012/2013 might get pretty interesting!

So do I but I still find myself checking things every day or so. I'm already convinced that the next year will be bad but what about beyond that????

Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:

So do I but I still find myself checking things every day or so. I'm already convinced that the next year will be bad but what about beyond that????

Its still early to say. But fears of $300/ton plus have been rumored. If many turn to other sources and pellets don't sell. We could see a decline in price? But if oil stays extremely high, Lots of peeps will be eyeing cheaper pellets again. To many factors come in to play.

I myself will be looking at other option's if prices get that high again.

Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:

Yup... 2011-12 stash is history and now is the time to lock up 2012-13! Like minds.

Augustine said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
j-takeman said:

Yup... 2011-12 stash is history and now is the time to lock up 2012-13! Like minds.

Already done.

I wish I had room. I would buy another 4 or 5 tons today if I had room to store them. I have 4 tons for next season but that is all I can fit. I think prices will be going much higher from here. Figures, I finally bite the bullet and buy a stove this month and say goodbye to my oil company only to have pellet prices climb. I'm thinking of buying a shed just to store pellets. Anyone here do that?

Mike

I got 4 tons of Barefoot delivered a couple of weeks ago from SSWP. I like this company. The driver told me that the pre buy orders are overwhelming. Last year pre buy for Barefoots $249, this year $279. I am glad to have them. :) Marina

4.8 ton Spruce Points 269/ton. Same price I paid last July and probably going up after April 30 deadline. I'm good with that for next seasons' complete stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.