2012-13 Cleanfire Pellet Stash - Delivery Impending

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
Just talked to the scheduler & I will be getting a phone call in the next day or two to confirm the delivery time for 10 tons of Cleanfire hardwoods from woodpellets.com. Unfortunately, they subcontract to a company whose primary customer is Home Depot & HD deliveries get priority. So I asked (Dan) if I was gonna get HIS pellets or the HD variety (whatever THAT is) & he guaranteed me Cleanfires. In fact, his delivery guy said that an HD employee told him that many of their customers are greatly disappointed in quality/performance/maintenance issues of the brand & return a LOT of the pellets for refunds. To me the additional cost of the Cleanfires is well worth the peace of mind...YMMV...

Got your food larder all filled up yet, got to be ready for the big winter storms. The hurricane hypers on tv are now going to name winter storms, I guess they need a possible disaster to trumpet to keep their ratings.

I'd wish they'd spend more time getting their forecasts accurate.

Got your food larder all filled up yet, got to be ready for the big winter storms.

Yeah. Pantry's filled. 6.5KW generator at standby. gonna be wiring in the tranfer switch soon.

The hurricane hypers on tv are now going to name winter storms, I guess they need a possible disaster to trumpet to keep their ratings.

Oh, boy.. Can't wait for Blizzard Bob & the associated abuse I'm gonna get...

I'd wish they'd spend more time getting their forecasts accurate.

I wish I could get paid for being 50% wrong most of the time...

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
I dont know what you 2 are talking about regarding weather accuracy. This week in NH/ME it is nice, somewhat sunny and low-mid 70's just like they forecast. Oh and that sunny 70ish forecasted day that I took off from work last Friday to go to the Deerfield Fair, now that was some good planning too .... :mad:

Great stash on the way Bob !

Hey, I check the weather forecasts from several different groups, they rarely agree.

Then matching up what was forecast to what actually happened they are off more than on.

Hey, I check the weather forecasts from several different groups, they rarely agree.

Then matching up what was forecast to what actually happened they are off more than on.

I hear ya on that Smokey. My "sunny and 70ish" day off for the fair was pouring most of the day. This week has been anything but low 70's. But then again it is October.

Regarding not agreeing on "the various computer models" means that one of them "might" be right. Especially when forecasting a tropical storm in the Gulf...usually has 10-15 different possible paths. Hey a 4 year old can do that ;lol

Bob, how are those Cleanfires? I have never had the chance to try them. I noticed they have Douglas Fir, but pricey.

I hear ya on that Smokey. My "sunny and 70ish" day off for the fair was pouring most of the day. This week has been anything but low 70's. But then again it is October.

Regarding not agreeing on "the various computer models" means that one of them "might" be right. Especially when forecasting a tropical storm in the Gulf...usually has 10-15 different possible paths. Hey a 4 year old can do that ;lol

Snip ...

Damn my sarcasm filter must be clogged with fines ;)

Bob, how are those Cleanfires? I have never had the chance to try them. I noticed they have Douglas Fir, but pricey.

Hey, Geno. 4th season burning them. The P43 runs 24/7 three weeks with only burnpot & accordion scraping before the ashpan is full. The P61A runs 4 weeks - same-o, same-o...Both still get the Harman "speedbump" but I'm used to that. I like em. Woodpellets.com brings em & drops em where I want em & They are well protected sitting in my driveway with only the shrink wrap around the plastic Baggie they are sealed in. They had a different brand of softwoods a couple of years ago, but they changed suppliers & the price increase drove me back to their hardwoods...

Status
Not open for further replies.