2012-2013 Firewood Stacks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoair23

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2011
Ohio
Just thought I would share the 2012-2013 firewood stacks! Some of you might remember similar pictures to this I shared last year, well we went through all of that so this is all the wood I have finished for this upcoming winter.

I have very limited space so I have to stack it where I can, and I try to keep it neat so I don't have any complaints from anyone in town.

This is a total of just over 4 cords (there are two stacks in the picture by the garage, the one stack dried for over a year before I put the second stack in front of it).

The unprocessed wood will be the beginning of my 2013-2014 winter fuel! IMG_0106.jpgIMG_0107.jpgIMG_0109.jpgIMG_0110.jpgIMG_0111.jpgIMG_0112.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Excellent and very good use of limited space. I see you have a good amount of soft maple in there too and that stuff dries super fast. Even those rounds will be dry enough for burning this coming fall.

Wow Dennis I am seriously impressed you ID'd that wood from that picture! I'll tell you what, that maple is some of the toughest wood I have ever split. The grain on it is so incredibly wavy I am having to noodle a lot of it down pretty small before I can even think of splitting it. It was from a neighborhood, and was a very old, very fat tree, I will know better for next time!

Most of the time you won't get that but trees in the open and in neighborhoods can fool you as you've found out. You did well for getting the wood ready. Happy burning to you.

Great looking stacks- The one by the stairs looks like something out of Switzerland.

nice...firewood stacked next to the central air!

nice...firewood stacked next to the central air!

haha yeah that is a strange juxtaposition! My central air is looking pretty darn terrible, I don't know why the fins are deteriorating like that. :( I wish I could power air conditioning with firewood! lol

The coil thing is weird! If you do a search on coil deterioration you will find that animal urine can cause them to deteriorate very quickly. And there is Lennox brand http://kayslanding.com/lennox.htm. Strange!

Nice stacks of wood.
Mom & sister live in Pittsburgh (South Park)
Mom would love those stacks, her & I filled the wood shed many times ("back in the day") :)
Good job!

Very nice job for very tight space. You do what you have to with what you have to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.