2012 Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schortie

Nov 6, 2008
michigan
Getting a start on 2012 as I just finished splitting some Cherry for next season. The pile is all Oak, mostly red. Should burn fine in a couple years.

Attachments

• wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Wood3.jpg
    Wood3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 330
I have Oak Pile Envy...... :red:

Shortie, if you have too much of that oak I'll gladly trade some. That's a nice stack.

Dennis, I don't have too much, but if you're in need, I'd be happy to share. This was all free from a buddy who is clearing a bit of land. I just need to swing the maul at them for while before I feel comfortable giving any away.

schortie said:
Dennis, I don't have too much, but if you're in need, I'd be happy to share. This was all free from a buddy who is clearing a bit of land. I just need to swing the maul at them for while before I feel comfortable giving any away.

You DO realize you're talking to THE Dennis, RIGHT? :)

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

I do realize that I am talking to THE Dennis. But I know he has plenty of Ash, and he offered a trade. I love burning ash just as much as I love burning oak. I just use them at different times of the season.

THE DENNIS....sounds just like when I was at the Woodstock factory. lol

Ya shortie, ash is good to burn just like oak. Oak just gets you more coals which means a bit longer of a burn. I still have lots of ash to cut but not sure if I'll get at it this year or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.